Installation and service must be performed by
a qualified installer, service agency or the gas
Steps that may reset your limit switch
- Turn off furnace with service switch or circuit breaker
- MAKE SURE YOUR FILTER IS CLEAN
- Open front cover of furnace
- Now look above the burners on the fire wall. You will see a brown or black rectangle about 2" x 3" with 2 wires connected to it, this should e your limit switch.
- Now it is a good idea to test with a continuity tester to see if the limit switch is open or closed. Sometimes just removing the wires is enough to reset the switch to the closed position. If it is closed at this point you may have fixed the problem and give the furnace a test or you may have to further test the limit circuit
- If it is still testing open you can try tapping a few times with the back of a screwdriver.
- If none of the above work call a service technician.